Monday, January 11, 2010

Persistence Pays Off!

Being a Good Consumer

This Christmas my son received a $20 toy which claimed to have come with batteries. Well actually it did come with batteries, but the batteries didn't work. That would be fine except that when I went to buy new batteries (special watch batteries), Radio Shack Charged me $12 for them. Since the toy was only $20 to begin with I was irratated. Anyhow I called the company when I got home today and told them my issues. They said they couldn't replace the toy because they no longer made it and that they do not send batteries to through the mail. She did say that she would exchange the toy for another toy. I told her that we could not do this since my son was certain this was the toy he wanted. So in the end they are sending me a new toy without taking the old toy. That works for me. In addition, I was able to find the batteries at another store for $7 and I have a $2 coupon. So I will return the $12 batteries to Radio Shack and get the toy working again and a new toy for $5!

Staples

On another note I went to staples today to buy toner. If you read my previous post then you know it is buy one get one 1/2 off (HP only). Anyhow I bought 2 double packs for $90 (gasp!). However I will be getting $18 of that back on my Staples rewards check and I turned in 2 toner cartridges for another $12 credit on my rewards check. So in the end I paid half price for my toner, which should last me quite a while now.

No comments: