Tuesday, April 7, 2009

3 pairs of Yoga Pants, 1 Vest and 1 Bathing Suit for $9.80 SHIPPED


I am going to teach you how I get my daughter's clothes for next to nothing. I have 2 Discover Cards (one is in my name and one is in my husbands) and Discover gives you cashback. Every quarter they give you 5% of upto $400 in purchases (which equals $20) for using your Discover Card in certain categories (right now it is for Home Improvement and Fashion -- next is for gas purchases and in the Fall it is for grocery purchases). So here is how it works. I use my discover card and earn 5% cashback money. Once it accrues to $20 you can cash it in. If you choose to cash it in for a gift certificate (i.e. Lands End for me) you get extra money. So today I cashed in $40 for a $50 Lands End gift certificate. Keep in mind this is not money out of my pocket. I did this today because Lands End is offering free shipping. In addition, I always shop their overstock department for the best deals. So my total was $69.80 - $10 free shipping - $50 gift certificate = $9.80 out of pocket.
Now if you don't already have a Discover Card and want to sign up, make sure you do it during a bonus offer period. I applied for my second card last summer when they were offering a spend $500 in the first 3 months and get $100 bonus. I coupled that with the gas rewards and walked away spending $500 on gas (something we used anyway) and getting back $120 in rewards. As of right now, I can not find any sign-up bonuses for Discover, but as soon as I do I will post them. The key here is to think how you can make credit cards work for you.

No comments: