Sunday, April 26, 2009

Frugal Outings

I have been busy, busy, busy lately, so I have had little time to write. Yesterday I took the kids to our local Health and Wellness Expo. Lots of vendors had booths set up for information. We were able to get lots of freebies including bicycle helmets, back rubs, rulers, pens, free breakfast, toys and coupons for a free ice cream cone at McDonalds. The kids got their faces painted, made some crafts and really enjoyed the electricity display that showed why you don't play with electricity.

While there I discovered the high school boosters club was holding a yard sale. I found 2 Ikea chairs (pictured above) that were perfect for my basement. I only paid $7. Since the canvas covers were white, I just removed them and washed them with bleach to get rid of any stains. I was so excited. We also bought my daughter a bike for $13.

After we left the expo, we cruised on over to Lowes to take part in their bi-monthly kids workshop called Build and Grow. If you didn't know it, it is free. It is a great chance for kids to learn to use hammers and to follow directions. Check it out at http://www.lowesbuildandgrow.com/. Home Depot has a similar program, but we do not have a Home Depot that is close to home.
When I got home and checked the mail I found a package from Vocal Point. They sent me a sample of Frosted Mini Wheats and a bunch of great coupons to go with it. Frosted Mini Wheats is one of my favorite cereals, so yeah for me. If you haven't signed up for Vocal Point yet, go here www.vocalpoint.com. They send the best coupons.

Next week will be a busy week too. I will be going on two field trips with my kids and they get out early one day, so I may not get as much time to post. Have a great week.

No comments: