Saturday, June 6, 2009

School Supplies Heads Up!

O.k. I know it is early to think about school supplies, but I want to give everyone a heads up. I received my kids' back to school supply list yesterday and already had half the items from my last year's stock pile of free or nearly free items.

So my point of this post is to tell you to not run out and buy school supplies now and not to buy them all at one time. In August and September, the deals will begin and every week different items will be free at CVS, Rite Aid and Staples (and other places too). So take your school supply list and consolidate them onto one sheet, if you have more than one kid. Then be ready to read my blog and find your deals. Last year, not including back packs, I was able to get all of my school supplies for my 2 school aged kids for about $5 combined! That is right only $5. Their backpacks were on clearance at the end of September for $6/each. I also had a $5 rebate for school supplies, so the back packs wound up costing $1/each (I sent one rebate to my mom's house).

No comments: