Wednesday, August 26, 2009

School Shopping and More

SCHOOL SUPPLIES

O.k. I finished my school shopping today. I wound up spending $5.40 for all 3 kids. Of course my youngest, is in pre-school so his supplies are more household type products rather than office supplies. Before today, my total was $1.50.

GO GET A $25 CREDIT ON YOUR EMBARQ BILL

If you have been reading my blog, a couple of months ago (maybe around March), I told you to sign up for paperless billing through Embarq and they would send you a $25 Restaurants.com gift certificate. Well I never got mine. So I called today and spoke with a very nice lady and instead of the gift card, she put a $25 credit on my account. Yeah!!!!! So if you never received your gift card, call for your credit. Their number is 888.723.8010.

KMART SUCKS

One of my stops today was at KMART for the Transformer's deal I told you about a few days ago. I should have known it was not as great as it sounds. First of all those stupid toys don't even transform. They are basically matchbox cars that are disguised as Transformers. My son would have not liked them, so I did not do it at all.

Since I was there, I went through their clearance stuff and even those prices were bad. I can see why they are having trouble.

HARRIS TEETER

Harris Teeter is doing Super Doubles this week. That means they are doubling any coupon with a face value of up to $1.98. That means a $1.50 coupon becomes a $3 coupon. Their rules are tougher than other stores. They have a limit of 20 coupons per day per customer (linked by card and address). Also, from what I understand you can only give them 3 coupons of a kind (say 3 $1 off Post Cereal Coupons).

No comments: