Saturday, July 18, 2009

Free Back Pack, Free Pens, Free/Cheap Produce and more

O.k. I just got back from my vacation to Corolla, NC (northern most part of the Outer Banks). We had a great trip. I am throwing a bunch of different stuff into this post, so I can get it out and get caught up a bit.

Corrolla, NC Freebies:

While I was there I found some great freebies at the beach. Yes you heard me right, freebies. I actually was surprised because usually you go to the beach and everything costs 10 times as much (Like the $50 pizza we got our first night at the beach, that made me cringe). Anyway, I found out on Tuesdays at 10:30 and 1:30 on the beach access across from the Currituck Light house, the life guards put together a junior life guard program for 6-12 year olds. My 8 & 9 year old loved it. It was 2 hours long and they talked about sea animals, rip currents, had relay races with the life guard's floatation devices and more. At the end they were each given a bag with coupons in it. 2 of the coupons were for FREE shaved ices and 1 was a buy one get one free ice cream cone.

The other freebie I found, but didn't participate in was a free concert on Thursday evenings on the lawn next to the light house. This would actually be really nice since the sun would be setting on the sound as well.

Click here for a Big Lots 20% off coupon valid only 7/19/09
I saw a recent ad for them and was eyeing some bean bags they had for about $12/each. That would bring them down to under $10. Not too shabby if they are nice.

STAPLES (7/19-7/25) In-Store Only
--Free Backpack -- From what I understand, buy a back pack and get that amount credited back to your Staples Rewards quarterly check. If you are not a rewards customer, sign-up to become one first. Don't need a backpack? Then get one and donate it to charity (think women's shelter). There are kids out there that never get anything new. This is your chance to give them something. The limit on this is one. You may be able to signup your spouse and get another one, but I would check first and make sure that it is not one per address.

--10 Pack Mechanical Pencils - $2.99, get back $2.99 via Staples Easy Rebate, limit 1
--5 Pack Gel Pens - $4.99, get back $4.99 via Staples Easy Rebate, limit 1
--4 Pack Retractable Highlighters - $4.99, get back $4.99 via Staples Easy Rebate, limit 1

There were some other deals too, but I was focused on the Free deals. As I have said before, every week they will put out more back to school freebies. Be patient. For more information on
Staples Ease Rebates program, go here.

Food Lion Coupons:
I really don't have time for matchups since the week is more than half over, but my favorite coupon is here again $2 off $5. REMEMBER TO PRINT AS MANY COPIES AS YOU NEED WHEN THE PRINT QUE COMES UP AND ASKS HOW MANY YOU WANT. These are valid through 7/28.

$1 off Splenda
$1 off Kraft Cheese
$2 off $5 Produce
$1 off FL Soda

and here is another set

$1 on Food Lion Sweetner
$1 on Food Lion Cheese
$1 off $4 on Bakery items
$1 off FL Soda

No comments: